The Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo is an acrobatic and audacious two-wheeled jumping robot that performs commands from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or any Android mobile device using the FreeFlight 3 app. This device generates its own Wi-Fi connection and has a camera that shows a first-person view for piloting through your environment. Read more from this Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo Review to know more about the pros and cons of getting this device.
Click here to check product pricing and color options.
Rugged and quick, this dynamic new addition to the Parrot MiniDrones collection makes acrobatics that are never seen before. More to that, it is simple and user-friendly where Parrot has redesigned the experience of having fun with robots.
What are the features of this MiniDrone?
The Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo features foremost an advanced jumping system. How advanced are we talking about? This device allows a vertical and horizontal jump to a maximum of 2.5 feet or 80 centimeters. It also spins at up to 3.3 ft/s (2 m/s) and turns 90 and 180 degrees in a jiffy. Thanks to its built-in gyroscope and high-speed processor, you can make the most of Jumping Sumo’s superb agility and highly intuitive driving control. This amazing feature lets you have the Sumo always stand and balance on its wheels just like how a Segway works when you drive it around. With a single tap on your screen its legs will retract, compacting its two springs and then releasing them, launching itself to either forward or straight up. An interesting trick would be to have the Sumo flip itself over and use the leg to kick a ball or also, annoy friends and family by kicking their feet.
A device that comes in a small size yet huge in personality, the Jumping Sumo allows the user to customize the robot according to whatever mood (using a range of stickers). It can also show its cheeky and playful personality through the flashing LED lights and sounds. Animations and choreography can also be programmed to different moves and tricks to create an impression.
- Can be easily controlled with the FreeFlight 3 app on your device
- Easily swipe for perfect turns and hit predefined buttons for acrobatics like spins or jumps
- Uses Lithium-Polymer battery, rechargeable and removable
- Has own Wi-Fi (AC) connection with a control range of up to 164 feet/50 meters
- Pre-load the spring to anticipate your jumps or use one of the three modes: Jumper, Kicker, Auto-Balance
- Able to jump vertically and horizontally up to 2.5 feet/80 centimeters and always lands on its feet
- “Road Plan” – lets you program a sequence of actions; the itinerary is available on the FreeFlight 3 application and appears among the pre-programmed movements
- Equipped with 640 by 480 pixel wide-angle camera captures, streams, and saves photos and videos to your device or directly on to a micro-USB flash drive
- Rolls up to 3.3 ft/s (2 m/s) and avoids any obstacles that get in the way by turning 90 or 180 degrees with the swipe of your finger
- LED lights and sounds bring Jumping Sumo to life
- Moves forward, backward, and adjust your speed to adapt to the situation
- Battery lasts for only 20 minutes and it takes 1-1.5 hours to fully charge the device
- Video capture only has VGA resolution
- Needs a Micro-USB thumb drive for storage of captured images
This device can be quite interesting for those who are into playing with robots and drones as this Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo can provide the ground-level appearance of your environment. I also it spins and jumps at command.
Click here for the best deals and secure shipping:
Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo White- Connected toy – Wide angle FPV camera – FreeFlight 3 App iOS & Android – WiFi