A fitness watch that will be perfect for committed exercisers, the Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor will be the perfect choice for an ideal training companion, which is a training device that is super easy to setup and use. This fitness watch has inbuilt training programs that are carefully tailored to to fit your individual stats; age, weight, fitness level. It even performs a test to determine your fitness. Know more about this device through this Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor Review.
Click here to check product pricing and to read more user reviews.
As mentioned earlier, this watch will be best for those who are serious about their workouts as it functions more than just a a simple heart-rate monitor. It has the capability to build a specified training program for you based on your personal objectives and also changes and sets new weekly training goals which transforms your fitness goals into a training routine, keep track of your progress and give you the enthusiasm to stay on track.
What are the best features of this heart rate monitor?
The Star Training Program included in the Polar FT60 provides the ability to select your goals and have the monitor make a suitable workout routine for you. You can either improve fitness, boost your performance or lose weight. And with the collected stats based on your profile including age, weight and etc., this monitor creates weekly plans with training time as well as calorie targets.It can save weekly progress of up to 100 files which you can upload to your PC or even better, you can manage it on PolarPersonalTrainer.com.
While you are on your training you can view up to 8 different displays. This monitor has large numbers which makes it easy to quickly view the data you need. The different views on the Polar FT60 are heart rate, calories or time in zone, time of day, Week target which will be displayed if training program is active, Weekly target for each zone and the actual training time. In addition to this, the Zone lock can also be seen on the display if it has been activated. If you have an additional foot pod or GPS sensor, the speed and distance are also activated.
- Compatibility with optional speed/distance sensors and downloads to free online training diary
- Great coaching program
- Offers hands-free operation
- Sexy unisex design with silicone wrist band that wipes clean
- Great to start with and achieve goals with unique Smart Coaching features such as Fitness Test
- Displays calories, fat burn percentage, stores 100 training files and has backlight
- Includes comfortable fabric transmitter strap and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Syncronizes with most gym equipments
- Has guides to help you train at the right intensity
- Dual time zone feature
- Has a low battery indicator
- Easy to replace batteries (user can do it)
- Water resistant to up to 30m
- No interval timer or stopwatch function
- Data uplink will cost extra dollars
A good reason to choose Polar for your fitness monitor is its better accuracy of their calorie counting algorithms. The units allows the user to enter more personal data than other brands available in the market, hence they are theoretically able to get that higher rate of accuracy.