Upon its entry to the US market last year (2013), PAPAGO! has made quite a head-turn especially with their pioneered dashcam products like the PAPAGO P1 Pro Dashcam, which is a product that will not fail to be your witness on those unforeseen occurrences on the road. This car dashcam has a 130-degree wide viewing angle and most impressively records in Full HD. Although this device is not the latest amongst its products (P3, P2Pro are the latest models), its features has gained its merit and popularity in Russia, China, Singapore, and Japan. Know more about this device through this PAPAGO P1 Pro Dashcam Review.
Click here to check product pricing and to read more user reviews.
Thanks to its Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) function and 3.5 mega pixels CMOS sensor, this dashcam records a better quality video even in situations where there is poor lighting. It offers many safe driving alerts as well as temperature protection. It also has an HDMI output for an easy HDTV playback.
What are the best features of this In-car Dashcam?
The PAPAGO P1 Pro Dashcam has the dimensions of 3.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.40″ and it weighs around 0.25 lbs. It has a glossy white finish and a 2.4” LCD panel with 320×240 pixels resolution display. The best part that makes this device ahead of the other dashcams in the market are its safety features. These safety features are the Stop and Go Alert that tells you to go when the front vehicle has moved, a light reminder that will tell you to turn on the headlights when driving in the dark, and lastly a driver fatigue alert at which a timer can be set to remind the driver to rest after a specified hours of driving. All these three features can only be found in PAPAGO! driving recorder series products.
The recording features of the P1 Pro will make you like this dashcam even more. Aside from its auto-recording feature that allows non-stop loop recording upon turning the device on, there is also a G-sensor that instinctively backs up the video to prevent overwriting on the files in situations where there are unexpected force to the driving recorder. The temperature sensor also makes sure that the device is protected for high and low changes of the temperature in the environment.
- Compact and lightweight design
- 2.4″ LCD display for viewing from driver’s side
- Uses Aptina 3.5 Mege-Pixel Image Sensor for clearer images
- 130 Degree Wide Viewing Angle field of view
- Records Full HD 1080P high resolution video 30 in frames per second
- Diagonal WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology creates clear and balanced videos
- Snapshot Feature can take still photos
- HDMI output is available for HDTV playback
- Can be mounted in the car’s windshield or dashboard
- Loop recording allows old file to be replaced automatically with new files
- Car safety features: Stop and Go, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Lighting Reminder
- Protects the device on low and high temperatures
- Can extend external storage to a 32GB SD Card HC
- No GPS capability (but this feature is available in Papago! P2 Pro Dashcam)
- Does not have the best resolution on its LCD display but nonetheless give out quality HD videos on playback.
Click here for the best deals and secure shipping:
PAPAGO P1PRO-USP1 Pro Full HD 1080P Wide Viewing Angle DashcamVideo Camera with 2.4-Inch LCD (Snow)