Triathletes and sports enthusiasts are surely keen on first-rate and dependable data collected from GPS watches whether during running, biking, hiking, skiing where one is able to effortlessly track every activity. The Garmin Fenix 2 GPS Watch puts together the paramount highlights of a fitness watch as well as an outdoor watch which makes it the perfect multisport athlete’s Training partner. This impressive GPS watch can track mostly everything starting from distance and pace to heart rate and recovery time, all from a dense, wrist-worn device. This watch can synchronize with other Garmin devices and at the same time, it tracks and shares your progress. It also corresponds with your iPhone to allow the user to view texts and emails without pulling out your phone. Know more about this training watch through this Garmin Fenix 2 Training GPS Watch Performance Bundle Review.
Click here to check product pricing and to read other user reviews.
The Fenix 2 allows you to conveniently switch between one feature to another as it give you easier access to the data you need. This watch can make you switch from Advanced Fitness Training features like VO2 max, Virtual Partner and a recovery advisor, to high-sensitivity GPS tracking features like 3-axis compass, worldwide base map, and TracBack. You can also shift to a totally distinct feature set for any of your sports activities.
What are the best features of this Training GPS Watch?
A favorite feature of the fēnix 2 would have to be its advanced fitness metrics. It is brimming with training features that informs the user about form and fitness. The first of which is the VO2 max estimator. When this feature is used with a heart rate monitor, what the device does is it crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate differences to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. It then follows the changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and then have it compared with your peers. Additional fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a Race Predictor, that approximates your ideal finish time from your current VO2 max number.
Had enough? Not quite. The ABS sensors of the fēnix 2 provides relevant real-time information. There is a built-in altimeter that gives elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer is used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not. Not only this this device has the features, it is also equipped with a sturdy housing in order to survive shocks and harsh environments along with its curved mineral scratch-resistant glass lens. This impressive physical feature is paired with a large LCD display with a red LED backlight and a tough polyurethane wristband.
- Strong and sturdy, built with quality materials
- Provides real-time performance data such as time, distance, pace, calories, speed, lap data, and heart rate
- Estimates state of recovery immediately following a run and operates in a countdown mode until the next effort
- With built-in barometric altimeter that provides accurate elevation information so you can keep track of your ascent and descent
- Calculates advanced features like recovery advisor and race predictor (when paired with the heart rate monitor)
- Built-in barometer can help you monitor and predict weather changes
- Includes a 3-axis electronic compass that keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not
- Indoor and outdoor Swim Modes that record stroke count, intervals, distance, pace, and time
- Automatically uploads data wirelessly to Garmin Connect, Live Track and social media
- Smart Notification feature lets you receive emails, texts and alerts
- Ski-Board Mode measures 3D speed and distance, time, vertical drop, total runs, auto pause, auto run detection, plus features Ski specific data pages, history of runs, performance data
- If paired with HRM-Run monitor2, fenix 2 provides feedback on Running form by measuring cadence (number of steps per minute), vertical oscillation (bounce in your Running motion), and ground contact time
- Gain insight into temperature trends from the built-in temperature sensor
- Easily share tracks, waypoints, routes and paperless geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS units and smartphones
- Impressive battery life
- Equipped with both ANT+ capabilities and Bluetooth technology
- A little bulky (thick) to wear, especially for those who have smaller wrists
- It has loads of features but setting can be quite a daunting task. But once already set-up, makes it a haven for serious triathletes
- Does not support ANT+ Fitness Equipment (Gym) and also user is unable to export software settings
- This device is also not compatible with firstbeat HR tools
The Garmin Fenix 2 Training GPS Watch Performance Bundle may not be very friendly to your budget but this device is jam packed with many features. It’s not a multi-sport watch for nothing as it truly brings the features one needs and can provide data that the user requires in every aspect of their activity. Definitely a must have for triathletes out there, and most importantly, this watch is built to last as it is well engineered with quality materials and is geared to endure rough conditions with a shock-resistant, steel-reinforced housing, scratch-resistant mineral crystal and durable wristband.