AudioQuest has recently released its latest version of Dragonfly Version 1.0. With this new version AudioQuest is proud to have announced that this new version has a refined the circuitry between the DAC chip and the analogue output stage so as to create a more direct signal path and lead to an even greater transparency. Likewise, this device also has a well improved power supply. Know more about this audio device through this AudioQuest – Dragonfly V1.2 USB DAC Review.
Click here to check product pricing and to read more user reviews.
To those that are not familiar of this device, DragonFly is an easy-to-use device that can bring far greater quality of audio output by bypassing the poor quality sound card built in your computer. It is a sleek, flash drive sized Digital-Audio Converter (DAC) that connects to a USB jack on a Windows PC or Mac, which then turns your computer into an excellent source of music.
What are the best features of this Digital Audio Converter?
DragonFly was originally created so that everyone can easily delight on the best sound possible from their computer audio files. It’s incredibly easy to use and with such a small price to pay, you get a great-sounding digital audio converter that will easily drive any pair of headphones at home or even your speakers at the office. You can even take the same outstanding quality audio out on the road with you! Without a doubt, this device makes incredible sound when you connect it to a pair of powered speakers.
As mentioned earlier, this new version has a more direct signal path that yields a big difference in transparency and immediacy. The power supply has also been worked out and now made even more efficient and powerful, getting a has superior “grip” and even greater quality dynamic contrast. It is small and incredibly portable, easily installed and pain-free. Listening to better audio is never been this much easy and affordable. DragonFly v1.2 is your easy solution to put in your system and upgrading your sound system is an experience that will never disappoint you.
- Produces smoother, more relaxed, and more full bodied sound
- Small and portable
- 64-position analog volume control
- Asynchronous Class 1 USB data transfer using the Streamlength protocol
- Plays all music files up to 24-bit/96kHz maximum resolution
- Mixed Frequency Master Clocks prevent jitter from entering the DAC circuitry
- Direct-coupled circuitry from the ESS Sabre DAC chip through the analog volume control and output analog driver section
- Transforms your computer into a highly musical digital source
- Great sound quality
- Easy to install and use
- Since this device works with USB connection, attaching a headphone wire might be a little delicate as constant movement may cause the USB plug to get sloppier (getting a USB extension cord can solve this little problem)
With the improvements noted on this new version, DragonFly v1.2 to creates music with a natural solidity and clarity that is vividly exceptional to the sound you would hear from your computer on its own.