The company that launched the world’s first GPS multi-sport devices has just recently launched another watch that’s going to be perfect for triathletes. Garmin’s new Forerunner 920XT is a swim-bike-run focused watch that efficiently took hold of all of the latest new features from other new Garmin fitness devices and merged them into this watch. More so, there are also a number of features that are fresh and are not featured elsewhere on Garmin devices like the cycling-specific VO2Max, a new metronome mode, and a support of Garmin Connect IQ that allows companies to make apps for the watch. Know more about this watch through this Garmin Forerunner 920XT Watch with HRM-Run Review.
Click here to check product pricing, read more user reviews and see color options.
The Forerunner 920XT is indeed packed with advanced running dynamics and virtual link features. It impressively records detailed metrics for swimming, biking and running, which makes the Forerunner 920XT the perfect wearable device that can take an elite or a novice athlete’s training to a higher level. And going further than just being a sports watch, this watch can also be linked to smart phones via Bluetooth to get notifications on your wrist for incoming texts, emails, calls and calendar reminders.
What are the best features of this Sports Watch?
The Forerunner 920XT’s sleek and slim profile gives an even more comfortable fit compared to its predecessor. It is also 15% lighter and 18% thinner than FR 910XT, and showacses flexible, hinged watch bands for a more suitable fit. This watch has a notable high-resolution color display that makes it easy to view stats at a single glance during any activity like training or even on race day. The high-resolution color display has a watch mode and shows daily activity tracking that includes steps, distance, calories, countdown to a personalized daily goal, audible move alert after one hour of inactivity, and sleep tracking. Other sophisticated unique features also include running dynamics, VO2 max estimate, smart notifications.
When used in water, the Forerunner 920XT can withstand up to 5ATM yest still provides advanced swim metrics for training in a pool or even in open water. This watch features drill logging which allows athletes to easily log swim drills and kick sets at the pool, along with registering the swim distance, pace, stroke type, stroke count and even the SWOLF score. In biking, FR 920XT’s advanced cycling features include a built-in altimeter for precise ascent, descent and gradient data in the course of training. These features are well-matched with sensors such as speed, cadence, heart rate and power meter, and can receive GLONASS signals besides GPS for improved accuracy. Lastly, this watch allows you to train for the best running performance with Garmin’s advanced running dynamics which will be a perfect duo with the HRM-Run monitor. Impressively detailed reports such as cadence (total steps per minute), vertical oscillation (amount of “bounce” in a runner’s step), and ground contact time (how much time a runner’s foot spends on the ground during each step) will be shown in the watch with a color gauge so runners can compare their values with the other runners. The beast feature though is the UltraTrac mode which will be good for ultra runners as it extends its up to 24 hours in GPS mode battery life for up to 40 hours.
- Known quality Garmin technology and durability
- Has two color options
- Built to be used for swimming, biking, and running
- Up to 5ATM water proof (can be used both on the pool or in open water)
- Transition between the different sport modes with the push of a button
- Also measures record speed, distance, ascent/decent, grade, and more
- Paired with ANT+ compatible sensors it measures heart rate, speed, cadence, and power
- Running dynamics (with Garmin HRM-Run monitor) include cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time
- Built-in Metronome feature with vibe and audible alerts for cadence training
- Offers VO2 max estimate, race predictor and recovery advisor (when used with heart rate)
- Estimates VO2 max for cycling as well (when used with a power meter)
- Wet suit-friendly and about 15 percent lighter than its predecessor, the Forerunner 910XT
- Features swim distance, pace, stroke type identification, stroke count, drill logging and rest timers
- Smart notifications let you see email, text and other alerts on your watch (with compatible Bluetooth Smart ready phones)
- Battery life: Up to 40 hours in UltraTrac mode, up to 24 hours in training mode, and up to 4 months in watch mode
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing (when paired with compatible Android or Apple device and Garmin Connect Mobile)
- FR 920XT does not have weight scale & fitness equipment support.
- Not the best watch for hiking or outdoors enthusiast (does not have solid course support and may have perfect accuracy on routing and altimeter data)
- Really heavy on the budget but makes a great all-in-one watch for triathletes
Click here for the best deals and secure shipping:
Garmin Forerunner 920XT White/Red Watch With HRM-Run