The Fujifilm Instax mini 8 — is a point and shoot camera that would bring instant joy and excitement as it takes prompt photos and develops them like that good old polaroid camera. This camera has a Fujinon 60mm lens that has a shooting/focusing range of 0.6m to 2.7m. The camera is available in different colors and is perfect for those who want to get their prints instantly. Know more about this camera through this Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera Review.
Click here to check product pricing and to read more user reviews. Available in many different candy colors too!
Some people consider this device as a “hipster” accessory. One that doesn’t conform into what is on the mainstream because the era of Instragram or Camera+ and digital photo imaging, here comes a device that still prints on photo films.
What are the key features of this camera?
From the looks of it, you would easily mistaken this Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera as a kid’s toy. This is because of its matte plastic finish with quite a chunky lens as well as huge buttons. However, this matte finish will be good for getting the grease off and providing a nice grip for the camera. Oddly, this camera is held vertically, which gives a bit of an unconventional feeling in when shooting. This camera makes you feel like holding on a toy but nonetheless its provides the functions of a camera that develops instant photos that you would need.
This camera has exposure settings above its collapsible lenses. It allows you to shoot pictures with the correct level of brightness and at the same time, if you need to get up close with your photos, there is a shooting range of 0.6m to 2.7m (as mentioned earlier) although there is no auto-focus feature. It has a flash has a recycle time of 0.2-6 seconds and a fixed shutter speed of 1/60 seconds.
- Comfortable and easy to operate
- Slim and sleek compared to other Instax models
- Easy to capture photos with options for adjusting brightnes
- Built-in constant firing flash with automatic light adjustment provides additional illumination for exposures
- Produces Credit Card-Sized Prints
- Optical viewfinder with integrated target spot
- Auto exposure measurement with manual switching system
- Fujinon Lens (f=60mm) has an Electronic Shutter
- Expensive running cost (Instax films are expensive)
- No auto-focus feature (makes it a challenge to get the picture right on first shot)
- Runs on AA batteries
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera may give you a retro feel with it still using films but it is great in developing photos instantly which adds the fun in using it with friends and family.