So it’s not anymore a shocker to see other hardware makers starting to make their own 7-inch tablets. HP Slate 2800 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet – is one of them and as they say, this little buddy is the right size right by your side. The world as you know it can be carried in the palm of your hand. HP Slate 7 that keeps your photos, documents, music, games, and apps with you every pace of the day. Read more of this HP Slate 2800 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet Review to know more about this tablet.
Click here for product pricing and more images.
While there is a slightly a big gap amidst the screen finishes and the edge of the tablet, the total design of the Slate is pretty decent. It features a nice stainless steel frame, has a metallic grey looking finish to the back (it’s also available in red), that results in an aesthetically impressive tablet.
What are the the features of this tablet?
One of the tablet’s unique features is the integrated Beats Audio that comes assembled in with it. The background noise is excellent and really has clarity. Thanks to built-in Beats Audio™, the HP Slate 2800 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet is designed for the best sounding, richest audio available on a tablet – this feature makes the tablet small in size but big in sound.
What about the battery? Well this tablet has the power to keep you going! Your batteries will be able to keep up with you. With the HP Slate, you can run errands, enjoy music and movies, and get things done without running on empty. The HP Slate 2800 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet can run apps, 3-D games, and more with fast response times and sharp video. It’s low-energy, high-performance processor works hard without draining your battery.
- A great price point.
- Works great for streaming movies/tv, etc. – with sound quality that is incredible with the built-in Beats Audio™.
- The display is bright, the sound is amazing for such a small package, and the touch screen works great.
- Quick and easy in setting it up.
- The expandability with the memory card made it possible to hold more music as well as books.
- It’s light weight, easy to grip so it never feels like it may slip out of your hand.
- Taking pictures is not as cumbersome as I anticipated it might be.
- Not all applications function as expected, but hoping this gets better with additional updates.
- It has no GPS.
Overall, the HP Slate 2800 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet does just adequate to differentiate itself from the competition because of the cameras and Beats Audio support. It has a pretty decent price for its features, but in comparison to most tablets out there, it isn’t a hugely impressive tablet. While it’s good enough for very basic things that you needed to do – like using email and browsing the web, it’s not the tablet you want if you want to watch video (get a better screen).