Running GPS watches are indeed great powerful tools in understanding your pacing and learning how you can control your pace for better running comfort and endurance. There are a huge number of running watches now on the market, and I must say, Garmin offers the best ones on the line. Presenting, Forerunner 10 – GPS running watch that tracks your distance, speed/pace and calories. Not only that, it also identifies your personal records and provides motivation along the way. Amazing? Read more from this Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch Review for more.
Click here for product pricing and more user reviews.
Forerunner 10 is pretty much trouble-free to use, you can begin your run with the press of a button, and as you run, you can observe your time and distance clearly displayed on 1 screen and calories and pace on another. You can also customize the settings to show pace and distance on the same screen.
What are the features of this GPS Watch?
Let me start with how it looks. The design is stylish and trendy and to add more to that, it’s Garmin’s lightest, most comfortable watch yet and is available in multiple colors. There are variations you can choose from too! The black/red and orange/black models have a slightly larger watch face and wider wristband. Of course all of their models can be worn as a regular watch, so your running partner is always on hand. For typical use (with GPS on 30 minutes per day), the battery life lasts for 10 days. If used continuously with GPS, the battery life is only lasting for about 5 hours.
As you run, Garmin Forerunner 10 automatically tells you when you finish each mile, giving you a nice, friendly beep and the screen will flash at that time for that mile. After you have completed your run and saved it, there will be a summary of your performance with your run, including your total time, distance, average pace and calories. It even informs you when you have achieved a personal record, such as your fastest mile or longest run to date. Great way to motivate indeed!
Garmin Connect™ will let you be able to upload your runs thru a simple connection with your computer. You will be able to see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile and share it with friends. The best past of it all? This is all for free. No need for any membership or any other purchases.
- Stylish, Simple GPS Captures Every Mile
- Tracks distance, pace and calories
- Start running with the press of a button
- Identifies personal records
- Virtual Pacer™ compares current pace to target
- Plan, review and share runs at Garmin Connect™
- You can only display two stats at a time on the screen (It means you only get to choose two among (1) pace (2) distance (3) time (4) calories to be displayed on the screen at a time)
- Battery life may be of a slight issue, if it is used outside of running, otherwise, if charged at a regular basis, it’s pretty much satisfactory.
- Not many added extras, but hardly fair to gripe when that’s clearly the aim of the watch
In general, this Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch has the good price, it is a simple watch with good basic functionality. An ideal entry-level watch. It is aasy to use, nice and small, which is also good for women’s smaller wrists. It is also waterproof.