One of the best designed iPad keyboards that became popular back in 2012 is manufactured by Brydge. This product was successfully funded through a Kickstarter project and it was backed by 3,266 people, astoundingly reaching the amount of $797,979 from their $90,000 goal pledge. The Brydge+ iPad Keyboard has an elegant style as it simply just makes your iPad look and feel like the MacBook Air. Having said that, it was not a surprise how this genius idea got the support of many. Know more about this device through this Brydge+ iPad Keyboard with Speakers Review.
Click here to check product pricing and to read more user reviews.
Not many keyboards in the market allows the iPad to be tilted from the closest angle up to a full 180 degree range. This gives the Brydge+ iPad Keyboard a distinct feature from all the rest out there that mostly uses indented slots or sometimes a stand to view the screen only at certain angles.
What are the best features of this iPad keyboard?
The Brydge+ iPad Keyboard is made from anodized aerospace-grade aluminum and this material and design gives it the very familiar look and feel of Apple’s products like the MacBook Air. It’s shell-patterned design allows you to tilt your device at any desired angle without flipping over through its sturdy hinges lined with soft silicone shimmies where the iPad is tightly held in place. These hinges also slightly elevates the back of the keyboard at a minimal angle, providing a comfortable typing angle for the user and the rubber tips at the back of the keyboard prevents it from sliding around on the surface. The iPad and the keyboard also automatically goes to sleep mode once it is neatly closed.
One model of the Brydge+ iPad Keyboard has grille speakers located above the keys and it delivers a slightly louder audio output compared to the speakers of the iPad located at the back. Although the sound frequency and amplitude is impressively higher, the bass is weak and it seems not so good with higher tones (it muddles a little bit). Even so, the built-in speaker will be enough for watching a movie from your device in a quiet environment and marginally better than the one-sided audio of the iPad that is located away from the viewer. Battery life can last for months, and although as notable as it sounds, just like all other devices this is dependent on how the device is used. For example, using the speakers of the keyboard a lot may consume the battery much faster.
- Classy, elegant and sexy-modish design
- Made from quality, robust and sturdy material: full-sized aerospace-grade aluminum
- Snug fit and tightly secures iPad 2, 3rd and 4th Generations
- Clam-shell design allows user to freely tilt the iPad at any angle up to 180 degrees (until it fully levels the keyboard)
- Connects the keyboard and speaker of your iPad via Bluetooth (wireless)
- Easy and convenient to bring wherever you go (small size)
- Stylish Neoprene Carrying Case can provide protection to back of the iPad as well as the keyboard when travelling (sold separately)
- Firm keys have more travel (about 2mm) and are snappy and very responsive
- Large speaker grille produces a slightly louder sound output compared to the iPad’s built in speaker
- Easy to pair with your device (uses control key commands)
- Dedicated iPad control and media keys located on top row of the keyboard allow easy access for iPad functions (brightness, volume, iPad lock, etc)
- Slight elevation of the keyboard as well as fully functional QWERTY keys provide a comfortable typing experience for the user
- The keyboard is heavy for a reason. The device may double the weight of your iPad when it is attached to it but the same weight pulls your device and holds it in place thus prevents it from being toppled over
- Some shortcut keys for iPad functions have incompatibility (not working) with iOS 7 (perhaps an upgrade will be available for this in the future)
- It looks really like you have a “touchscreen MacBook Air” when you use this keyboard with your iPad, except that there is no backlight on the keyboard
Yes, this keyboard is quite expensive for an iPad accessory. However, the quality of this keyboard justifies its price as compared to other products of the same range in the market. It allows you to have a full notebook or laptop experience with your iPad and this is something that is not found in other products. It looks appealing and stylish also provides the best typing experience for the user.
This is the Brydge.