There were half-hearted reviews of Microsoft’s new Surface Pro Windows 8 tablet last week, but even so, the company says it has seen strong demand since it went on sale in the United States. The Microsoft says the Surface line is just getting started. Let’s take a closer look of this device in this Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro 128 Gb Tablet Review. Read on.
Click here for product pricing and more user reviews.
Admittedly, the Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro 128 Gb Tablet seemed like it is a confusing device. Why? On the one hand its a tablet but on the other hand you get a keyboard for which makes it more like a laptop. So which one is it? And does it work well as both? Let’s find out.
A full Windows 8 Pro device in tablet form has the potential to shake up the mobile computing world, offering genuine computing power in a truly portable package. The Surface Pro doesn’t need to match the iPad or Nexus 10 in terms of thinness and lightness, or even battery life – after all, it offers functionality more akin to that of a laptop than a Windows tablet.
What’s in store for this device?
Lets start with the hardware of the tablet. The tablet it made out of a mix of aluminum and magnesium that Microsoft called VaporMg: the material that holds Surface together. It’s incredibly strong and doesn’t make the tablet too heavy either. It is a few more ounces than the iPad but it does have a bigger screen and it also has a full-sized USB port.
How about the software? Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro 128 Gb Tablet runs a special version of windows called Windows RT, it is for tablets with lower powered processors. It has all the goodness of Windows 8, you can swipe apps and put them side by side, but you cannot run older desktop apps on it, you have to run apps from the windows store. That means you can’t download programs from the web or even download something like iTunes that isn’t in the Microsoft store. But you do get Microsoft Office for free on any Windows RT tablet.
- The tablet is very comfortable to hold but u might not have to hold is as much as other tablets because of its kickstand (incredibly proficient).
- The material feels smooth and high quality.
- It can run ALL apps and software (Example: You can get connected to your work VPN, connected to SQL server, and remote desktops, all from a tablet-sized machine).
- The 10.6 inch display, its really bright and responsive and it works really well although it’s not as crisp as the retina display in the iPad.
- The touch cover is just 3 mm thin and its still a full keyboard that’s flat – they have insanely strong magnets and you can attach the touch cover which is a cover with a keyboard built in.
- FAST, I mean blazing fast. Every time you reboot you will be shocked on how fast it shuts down and comes back up.
- No fan noise at all, this device is completely silent!
- Heavy, gets pretty hot, battery life’s not that great – you may get about 5 hours but seems very dependent on what you are doing.
- Right now there are a lot of missing apps from the Microsoft store but hopefully they will add more as time goes.
To sum it up, if your goal is to ditch the tablet and laptop, and get one device to really support your needs in everyday tasks, the Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro 128 Gb Tablet delivers all that in a near-perfect way. This device can be the beginning of a a new era in computer technology. The desktop and laptops are going to go away. Because if this is what the future has in store for us, why do we need a desktop any longer? The Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro 128 Gb Tablet may have has raised the bar on all future products.