Last October of this year, Brother International Company had announced their release of their flagship model for their new series of scanners for home offices or small offices. With the Brother ADS1500W Compact Color Desktop Scanner, home and office users alike will be able to increase their productivity with 20-page Auto Document Feeder (ADF), wireless and web connectivity, intuitive and comprehensive software suite, and a maximum scan speed of 18ppm. Know more about this scanner through this Brother ADS1500W Compact Color Desktop Scanner Review.
Click here to check the price and to read more user reviews.
This scanner is perfect for those who do not have a large office space and wants to bring their scanner from one place to another. It will of of great value for business consumers with is impressively affordable price price and size of mobile scanners yet with lots of advanced features that can be found on costly desktop work-group scanners.
What are the key features of this scanner?
Starting with the design, the ADS-1500W small and slim and as mentioned before, it is best for those who have a limited desk space. This scanner has a compact footprint of only 11.2″ wide and 4.1″ deep. But do not be misled of its size as this device is packed with advanced scanning features. It supplements the growing needs of businesses in digitizing documents and sharing it via cloud technology.
This scanner comes with a complete suite of scanning software including PDF conversion software, a manager for desktop documents and business card management programs. It has a BR-Receipts software by which you can scan receipts and then send your receipt data to Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks software or Quicken software. Operating the scanner is easy as well with its 2.7″ Color TouchScreen Display which has 12 programmable shortcuts for one-touch scanning to common destinations.
- Easy to arrange scanned immages with deskew support, blank page removal, auto image rotation, and background removal
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Good build quality, and compact desktop footprint.
- Wireless network connectivity or USB interface can be used for local connections
- Will scan different types of media (photos, business cards, other documents up to 34″ long or even embossed plastic cards through the rear card slot)
- Impressive high-precision scanning (maximum of 600 dpi for optical resolution; up to 1200 dpi interpolated resolution)
- Easy setup to scan documents with TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS and SANE8 drivers
- Able to scan single- and double-sided documents in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 18 ppm
- Connection to cloud services is through Brother’s Web Connect service (may not be safe for your cloud documents as they can view and manage your spreadsheets, documents and files in Google Drive)
- Turning off the unit by pressing the power button erases the network settings
In general, this scanner can be a reasonable purchase with decent features such as wireless scanning functionality and lots of added software for use. If the limitations are things that you can live with then this can be a good choice considering its acceptable price tag in the market.
Click here for the best deals and secure shipping:
Brother ADS1500W Compact Color Desktop Scanner with Duplex and Web Connectivity