Set to be released by Amazon on March 31, the Amazon Tap seemed to be making a huge buzz in the Tech Industry already. This device is definitely a great addition to the Alexa Family. For those those who have not heard about Alexa – it’s the name of the voice-controlled assistant in these Amazon devices. It basically works like Siri only more. It just simply does more than just answering questions and finding local businesses around the area. It can play your favorite music, order pizza, voice control your home and even requests rides from Uber. And who knows what more – company is further extending their tie ups with other companies. I must say it got me enthusiastic knowing it can do all these. Let’s know more about this device from this Amazon Tap Review, shall we?
Click here for product pricing and availability.
It makes sense perfect sense why Amazon Tap is already making a scene. It used to be already a wonder being able to turn the lights on and off by clapping. And now these amazing technologies are able to make things done by voice commands – not even lifting the phone to order pizza. Life is easy.
What are the impressive features of Amazon Tap?
If you are going to remove the built-in, voice-command Alexa features, what you get left with the Amazon tap is the basic Wi-Fi enabled portable Bluetooth speaker. Even so, it makes a pretty good job at it. It gives a clear, rich, full-range 360 degrees omni-directional audio. It is equipped with Dolby Processing dual stereo speakers which makes it able to have crisp vocal output as well as extended bass resonance.
Adding the voice command Alexa features on this device just makes it an ultimate must have for gadget geeks and techno crazies as it extends what it can do to a whole new dimension and a lot more possibilities. With a single tap at the microphone button, the Tap plays your favorite song by asking for the artist, or the genre. It streams music directly from Spotify, Prime Music, Pandora TuneIn and more. You can also ask to read the news (or have her read something from online), get the weather, change room temperature, report humidity levels, control home (SMART compatible) appliances or set the timer for alarm, set, order pizza, get you an Uber ride and even open your garage (with Garageio).
The Amazon Tap is a compact device and can be easily brought along, weather you are heading to go biking on the mountains or going to a beach party. A full battery charge can last up to 9 hours, which of course depends on the level of use as well as device settings, and environmental factors.
- Small and portable (6.2″ x 2.6″ x 2.6″ or 159 mm x 66 mm x 66 mm; Weighs 470 grams)
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity (can be tethered to you smartphone)
- Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices (can even be accessed on your computer browser)
- Great audio output – has dual 1.5-inch drivers and dual passive radiators for awesome bass extension (Dolby and Stereo Sound)
- Alexa voice service – voice control creates a whole lot of possibilities for this device
- This device works with mobile Hotspots
- Charging cradle included with purchase
- Battery powered (can last up to 9 hours)
- Optional super chic Tap Sling case makes it really easy to bring around but costs extra
- Just like the trouble people may have with Siri, sometimes Alexa does not understand what you are asking. You’d have to repeat until Alexa gets it
- Must have smooth internet connection, otherwise voice commands will not get through
- Not many home appliances are compatible to follow commands – for example SMART appliances are more likely more inclined to be able to get commands from Alexa.
As of the writing of this Article, Amazon keeps on working to integrate the device with other companies such as Nest and many others. That only means that there are a lot more possibilities that the Alexa Voice Command System can do in the future.