The up coming PAPAGO! Video Contest has seemingly gathered interests from a variety of individuals whether those who are into filming or capturing the moments of outdoor adventures or just regularly recording your daily activities both inside or outside the car.
How to join the contest? Here are the mechanics:
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Contestants must create a compelling storyboard of the video they will make with our GoSafe 200 dashcam.
- Storyboarding is a visual representation, using drawings and illustrations to map out the flow of your video.
- Acceptable formats will be in pdf, jpeg, png, ppt, and Word document. Just get your idea across!
- You can post your storyboard on Facebook, Twitter (facebook.com/PapagoInc; @PapagoInc) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday August 31st, 2014.
- Three winners will be chosen and given a GoSafe 200 dashcam.
- This is the fun part! Create one compelling 1-2 minute video from footage you capture on the GoSafe 200. Minimal use of graphics and other types of video footage are acceptable, but the focus must remain on the dashcam footage.
- You can get as creative as you like. Take it out of the car. Record in the car. The possibilities are endless.
- By accepting the dashcam you must agree to complete the video by Sunday September 28, 2014. These videos will get highlighted on our website and all Social Media platforms.
- One video entry will be chosen and the contestant will win the grand prize of a $400 gift card of our choice.
- We will announce the winner by October 15, 2014.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of contest registration.
- Employees of PAPAGO! Inc., affiliates, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest.
- Participants agree to abide by applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Entrants must deliver a compelling video that focuses on the dashcams’ footage
- Winners must agree to complete a video using the GoSafe 200.
- All entries must use PAPAGO! dashcam footage. Other video is acceptable on the condition that the focus remains on the dashcam footage.
- Each video must have one person as the entrant. Getting outside help is suitable but there can only be one winner per video entry.
- Each entry must be between 1-2 minutes in length.
- There is no entry fee.
- Finished video entries must be submitted by Sunday September 28, 2014 by 5:00PM PST
- All entries must be submitted in either .mov or mp4 format.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for the contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual, or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by PAPAGO! Inc. in its sole and conclusive determination.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification by approval by PAPAGO! Inc. The winner will be notified by email within 5 business days after winning. The winner or selected entrant will then have 5 business days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within 5 business days after being selected or is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will get selected.
- The only compensation for submitting a video is the right to publish it, for personal use, and the dashcam you will get for entering the contest. Unless you are the grand prizewinner.
- The grand prizewinner will receive a $400 gift card of our choice! We reserve the right to decide this winner by October 15, 2014.
- Each contestant should keep at least one copy of their video. PAPAGO! Inc. is not responsible for any films that are lost, damaged, or that do not upload properly.
- If the contest is not able to run as planned, without limitation, PAPAGO! Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest at their discretion.
Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions:
- Entrants grant PAPAGO! Inc. the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants also grant PAPAGO! Inc. the right to use reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, trade shows, or at any other venues.
- By accepting the dashcam as a prize, winners agree to hold PAPAGO! Inc. and all PAPAGO! Inc. employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of such prizes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions made by PAPAGO! Inc. regarding this contest.